Engineering Project Manager
The position will be primarily responsible for ensuring engineering projects are prioritized appropriately, and implemented and completed in a time-sensitive, quality and cost-effective manner. This will include, but is not limited to:
- Designing and implementing innovative production process and product packaging equipment, planning and designing methods to improve production and packaging efficiency, as well as assuring compliance with approved methods and quality standards.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with our sub-contractors.
- Providing leadership and direction to employees and our sub-contractors throughout all phases of our production and packaging equipment projects.
- Implementing effective management techniques to complete projects on time and within budget (new, remodels and additions).
- Ensuring projects meet all requisite requirements and codes for food manufacturing facilities.
- Resolving issues that occur to ensure timely completion and cost effectiveness of the projects.
The ideal candidate will offer a bachelor's degree in mechanical or process engineering, direct work experience in the food manufacturing or packaging industry, and a working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks.
This is a hands-on role working along-side a team of engineers, technical talent, and sub-contractors. As such, qualified candidates must offer solid communication, analytical, and team work skills.
We seek proven experience in producing high quality results while effectively managing multiple projects simultaneously. These abilities would normally be obtained through a minimum of 10+ years of direct industry experience and career progression.